A while back we were telling you that BMW won’t overlook the 30th anniversary of the M5.
If we’re to believe Bimmerpost, the Germans won’t dissapoint.
The BMW forum got some early inside info on the new car and, apparently, it will be something else. The engine will be upgraded to make 600 HP and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque, 40 more HP and 20 more Nm (15 lb-ft) of torque extra compared to the stock model.
The good news doesn’t stop here though, as all of the 300 units of this special edition model will be fitted with such amenities as the competition package, Individual Frozen Metallic paint, full Merino/Alcantara leather with 30th anniversary M5 stitching, Alcantara steering wheel, middle console, armrest and door handles, 30th anniversary badges all around.
Here are the details:
- July 2014 start of production (ending November 2014)
- Volume: TBA (but badging shows "1/300")
- 600 PS (592 HP) (up from standard 560 HP)
- 700 Nm (516 LB-FT) (up from standard 502 LB-FT)
- DCT only
- Competition Package
- 20" Style 601M wheels in jet black polished
- Individual Frozen Dark Silver Metallic (Note: photo is showing Frozen Grey Metallic)
- Full leather Merino/Alcantara with 30th Anniversary M5 stitching
- Alcantara steering wheel, middle console, armrest, door handle
- 30th Anniversary badge on aluminum trim
- Likely to debut at the M Festival next month