Audi today reported record-setting August sales of 11,527 new vehicles representing a 13% increase above the previous record set in August of last year.
August also stands as the 20th consecutive month of record U.S. performance by the brand with the four rings.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (the Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) equal 32% of total August sales further demonstrating the brand’s upward mobility in the luxury sector. This was a 61% increase of premium vehicles sold. August sales momentum benefitted strongly from robust demand for the technologically advanced Audi A6 generating a 58.6% sales increase for the month and a 112.3% increase year to date.
Premium consumer interest in the newly designed Audi A4 contributed to a 21.5% increase in sales, while the newly-designed Audi A5 also increased 26.9% for the month and 9.1% year-to-date. The Audi Q7 also performed favorably with an increase of 32.1% for the month of August.
“Audi momentum in the U.S. continues unabated. Twenty consecutive months of record sales proves that the brand is on track to deliver another chart topping year,” said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Looking ahead, the Audi story will only improve with the introduction of the S6, S7 and S8 premium performance models.”
• August 2012 ranks as the best August in Audi of America history
• Audi A4 sales up 21.5% compared to August 2011; YTD sales grew 6.3% compared to previous period.
• Audi A5 sales up 26.9% compared to August 2011; YTD sales grew 9.1% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 58.6% compared to August 2011; YTD sales up 112.3% compared to previous period.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 56.2% for the A3 TDI and 19.2% for Q7 TDI
• For the record-setting month of August 2012, four Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A4, the Audi A5, the Audi A6 and the Q7 models.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales set an all-time record of 3,366 vehicles sold, amounting to the best August in Audi history, despite the reduced inventory of available models for the program.