Audi today reported its 14th straight record-setting month of sales with 8,531 luxury vehicles sold in February 2012.
The results surpassed the prior February record set in 2011 by 778 vehicles. Closing in on a promising first quarter, year-over-year vehicle sales increased 10% over February 2011, and recorded 14.9% year-to-date growth compared to 2011.
"Audi continues to lead the high-end sector of the luxury car market in the U.S. Our superior lineup boasts the most technologically-advanced and exceptionally engineered vehicles that Audi has ever produced," said Audi of America President Johan de Nysschen. "We are optimistic that Audi is on track to make 2012 another banner year for the company."
February results were buoyed by strong performance in the top two premium categories, with sales for the Audi A6 increasing 63.6% over 2011, and continued strong sales of 584 vehicles for the design-forward Audi A7, which was launched in the U.S. market in April 2011.
Other highlights include:
· February 2012 ranks as the best February in Audi of America history, eclipsing the previous record set last year.
· 2012 Audi A6 sales up 63.6%, compared to February 2011.
· Audi A3 sales up 21.5%, compared to February 2011.
· Sales of Audi Q5 increased 14%, compared to February 2011; Audi Q7 inventory extremely limited due to low supply.
· Audi TT sales up 15.2% vs. February 2011, boosted by increased demand for the Audi TT Coupe.
· Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finished the month at 53.9% for the A3 TDI on 253 TDI models sold, and 36.7% for the supply restricted Q7 TDI on 137 models sold.
· Audi Certified Pre-Owned sales of 2,865 vehicles mark an increase of 11.2%, compared to the same period in 2011; Southern and Western regions set new all-time records for February.
· For the record-setting month of February 2012, three Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 15% or more, including the Audi A3, the Audi A6, and the Audi TT models.