It looks like we've got a whopper on our hands.
The 2014 Detroit Auto Show hasn't even started yet but even MORE information has come out about the all-new Chevrolet Corvette Z06.
According to a broken embargo — thank you, Hot Rod magazine — the all-new Z06 will have a 625 horsepower, 635 lb.-ft of torque by way of a supercharged LT4 6.2-liter V8 motor.
In addition, the following has also been reported:
- It can be had with an eight-speed automatic transmission
- Wheel/tire combination will be the same as the C6 ZR1
- Front/rear track grows 2.2 inches and 3 inches, respectively
- There will be three "levels" for the Z06 — each level has a varying degree of aerodynamic treatments to add downforce, the top most will be dubbed the Z07
- The torque tube will be made of woven carbon fiber
- It will have a targa top, surprisingly — the Z06 chassis is 20 percent stiffer than the C6 Z06 with the top removed and 60 percent stiffer than the outgoing car with the top in place
Well, it looks like our early specs we released of 625 HP, and 635 ft/lbs of torque for the new C7 Z06, were correct after all.
Hot Rod magazine broke its embargo against official specs being released before 12:01 EST on 1-13-14, and the following info was published today.