We've previously posted photos of the 2 Series coupe (F22) and convertible (F23) testing, but we've not spotted them testing together, giving us a great look at how the two models compare visually.
The F22 coupe seen here is a M235i model judging by the blue M Sport brakes and split dual black exhaust tips (also seen on the M135i upon which the M235i is based).
The M235i coupe (315 HP) is already confirmed for the US (see VIN details). Production will begin in November 2013 in the Leipzig plant, for an 8 month first-model-year production run (until June 2014). There will be no 235i model in the US or elsewhere, as the M235i will take its place in the lineup.
The M235i will be joined by the 228i coupe in the US. The 228i coupe will also begin production this November. The production 2 Series will be revealed in the Fall, with its public debut potentially coming at the 2013 Frankfurt auto show in September).
As the VIN thread linked above shows, Europe will see additional models, including a 220i, 225i, 218d, 220d and 225d.
POTENTIAL 2 SERIES LINEUP
The following is a potential / expected 2 Series lineup:
• 2 Series Coupe (F22) - confirmed.
• 2 Series Convertible (F23) - confirmed.
• M235i M Performance Automobile - confirmed.
• No 235i (replaced by M235i in lineup).
• 2 Series Gran Coupe (four door coupe) - still speculative [more info].
• 2 Series Gran Sports Tourer (Hyundai Veloster type vehicle) - still highly speculative [more info].
• M2 Coupe - successor to current 1M coupe, recently rumored to be 4 Cylinder