If you've been keeping up with us lately you would not only be familiar with the many, many spy photos of the upcoming Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, but also you would have caught the quick teaser Mercedes put out recently.
Of course this is an exciting product for the three-pointed star. Expected to replace the SLS AMG, which goes out of production shortly, and to go up against the likes of the Jaguar F-Type and Porsche 911, it's going to have to be a spicy auto.
Breaking recently was an exposing photo of the AMG GT. Thing is, I don't think it's a real photo. I could be wrong but check out several issues with this image:
- Note the proportion of the front wheel/tire? Seems off.
- The headlights that run into the grille seem weird. Check out the reflection in the red paint and how the light intersects.
- It appears that the mirror behind the rumored AMG GT sports the reflection of what looks like an SLS AMG to my eyes.
- Suicide doors? Seems peculiar to have on this specific product when I can't think of any roadster from Mercedes to previously have these doors.
- To me the biggest giveaway though is the way the lighting is. The car is lit from the back BUT when the door is open the shadow doesn't change underneath the vehicle.
So, what say YOU, Spies? Is this the REAL DEAL or was this the creation of someone with an imagination and a lot of free time?