Nissan Group today announced total U.
S. sales for April 2014 of 103,934 units, an increase of 18.3 percent over the prior year and an April record.
- Nissan Division also set an April record at 94,764 sales in the month, an increase of 18.5 percent. This marks a monthly record for Nissan division in 13 of the last 14 months.
- Nissan Altima set an April record with 25,004 sales, an increase of 13.7 percent.
- Sales of Rogue crossovers also established an April record at 15,066, an increase of 26.6 percent.
- Versa also set an April sales record at 10,481, up 46.5 percent.
- Sentra sales increased 31.2 percent to 14,080 vehicles in April.
- Sales of the all-electric Nissan LEAF set an April record, increasing 7.8 percent to 2,088. Nissan has seen sales of LEAF, the world’s best-selling electric car, increase 33 percent so far in 2014.
- Nissan Juke deliveries also set an April record at 3,795, up 55.2 percent.
*Infiniti sales total included for reference. For more information on Infiniti’s April sales performance, please visit InfinitiNews.com.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. April 2014 had 26 selling days, while April 2013 had 25 selling days.