Nissan North America, Inc.
(NNA) today reported March U.S. sales of 137,726 units, up 1 percent from last year's total of 136,317 and marking the best month in NNA history. Nissan Division also posted its highest volume month ever, with 126,623 deliveries, up 0.4 percent. Infiniti deliveries totaled 11,103, up 9 percent from last March.
- Nissan LEAF sales totaled 2,236 deliveries, up 286.2 percent and the nameplate's best month since launch. March marks the first full month of deliveries of the lower-priced 2013 LEAF, now produced at Nissan's assembly plant in Smyrna, Tenn. Price-competitive with traditional cars in its segment, LEAF is the best-selling pure electric vehicle in the world.
- Sales of the all-new Pathfinder SUV totaled 9,071, up 177.1 percent, setting a new March record. Year-to-date Pathfinder sales, which launched in November 2012, are up 172.4 percent.
- Nissan Altima totaled 37,763 in March on higher retail and lower fleet sales than year-ago levels.
- Nissan Versa sales finished at 15,917, up 2.1 percent and establishing a new March record for the nameplate. Versa is the best-selling sub-compact in the U.S.
- Nissan NV sales finished March at 1,290, the best month ever for the large commercial vans.
Nissan's core volume models like Altima, Pathfinder and Versa are delivering the value, performance, style and innovation that consumers want. With strong retail demand for Altima, Pathfinder up almost 180 percent and the U.S.-built all-electric LEAF having its best month since launch, Nissan had its best month in history.
- Contributing to Infiniti's increase in March were its luxury crossovers and sport utility vehicles, which were up 50.9 percent.
- The Infiniti JX 7-passenger luxury crossover, which was launched exactly one year ago, had sales of 2,633 units in March, an increase of 387 percent over prior year.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. February had 27 selling days in 2013 and 28 selling days in 2012.