Nissan Group announced today total U.
S. sales for March 2014 of 149,136 units, an increase of 8.3 percent over the prior year.
- Nissan Group's March sales marked the best-ever monthly total in the company's history.
- Nissan Division also set an all-time record with 136,642 deliveries in the month, an increase of 7.9 percent over the prior year. This also marks a monthly record for Nissan division in 12 of the last 13 months.
- The Nissan Rogue crossover also set an all-time monthly record with 19,420 deliveries, an increase of 26.3 percent.
- Sentra deliveries increased 38.4 percent to 19,323 vehicles in March.
- Sales of the all-electric Nissan LEAF set a March record, increasing 12.1 percent to 2,507.
- Nissan Altima sales totaled 35,921 units in March, its best sales month since March 2013.
- Nissan Juke deliveries also hit an all-time monthly high at 6,943, up 77.3 percent.
- Through March, sales of Nissan's crossover lineup have increased 25 percent. Nissan will look to extend those gains with the launch of the all-new 2015 Murano, which will be unveiled later this month at the New York International Auto Show.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. March 2014 had 26 selling days, while March 2013 had 27 selling days.