Automakers have realized the power of pleasing its social media followers and one company that's in touch with reality is Porsche.
Having celebrated surpassing its 2 million fan mark on Facebook by building a special Cayman S, the marque must have know it had to step up its game for the BIG 5 million.
Not too long ago we informed you that Porsche was crowdsourcing votes and opinions so its fans could design and specify an all-new 911 (991) to their liking. With approximately 54,000 fans participating it certainly received plenty of attention!
Now, here are the details:
- Aqua Blue paint
- Illuminated door sills with model name and "Personally built by 5 million Porsche fans"
- Aluminum interior trim with "Personally built by 5 million Porsche fans" inscribed
- PDK transmission
- 20-inch, white painted Carrera S wheels
- Sport exhaust — a.k.a. the best option ever
- Sport Chrono package
- Cup aerokit — lower front bumper, larger fixed rear spoiler
To keep its Facebook fans engaged, Porsche has set out with yet another social media event. You can win a drive in the Porsche 911 at the Porsche Experience Center in the U.K. if you participate by August 18.