According to our friends over at Bimmerfest, they've got the right pricing scoop on the all-new BMW M3 and M4 that stormed the 2014 Detroit Auto Show floor this year.
Remember, this car represents a big shift in BMW's performance brand as has a throwback focus to shaving weight, going back to a six-cylinder powerplant and will exclusively use a drivetrain sending power to the rear.
As of now, the base 435i coupe starts at $46,000 according to BMWUSA.
With a bunch more power and plenty of technology working on its side, it seems pretty realistic that BMWNA would set the price the M cars at about a $15,000-$20,000 premium. Remember, the base cars will not come with carbon ceramic brakes and a whole set of kit.
I think it's safe to say many of these M3 and M4 models will be had for nearly $80,000.
That said, I wanted to pose the question to you: does a $62,000 base price for the M3 and a $64,200 base price for the M4 seem realistic or is merely another rumor bubbling to the surface?
What say you, Spies?
Confirmed US MSRP base prices for the 2015 BMW M3 and 2014 BMW M4 -
Manual transmission is standard with DCT being an add-on option. This represents a serious jump in pricing over the out going E90 and E92 M3 factoring in inflation, high tech construction with carbon fiber and additional base equipment it is not out of line and cheaper then some expected. Package and option will be similar to F30/F32 pricing, for more ordering information take a peak at the M3/M4 dealer demo ordering sheets.
- 2015 F80 M3: $62,000
- 2015 F82 M4: $64,200
- Destination and handling $925 (currently - subject to change)
BMW M3 / M4 Timeline
- January 18th-26th - Public debut at Detroit Auto Show
- End of January, early February - Full dealer pricing and order guides released
- February - Dealers allocations assigned and customer order bank opens
- March - Stat of Production for dealer demo and launch cars
- Late April - Start of production for customer cars.
- Mid June - Press drive and media launch
- Late June - Customer deliveries start and European Delivery begin
**Keep your browser pointed to AutoSpies.com for the latest breaking news leading up to the 2014 Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS)
Lexus is the exclusive sponsor of the 2014 Detroit Auto Show Photo Galleries.
2014 Detroit Auto Show