It has been months since we have spied any BMW i8 prototype showing any outwardly noticeable changes, but this i8 mule we spied last week finally shows some changes.
We've also posted some photos below of a previous prototype and concept i8, for comparison.
• Classic Hoffmeister kink has now been revealed.
• Kidney grilles now more visible than ever.
• Sideskirts now match the concept i8.
• Side view mirrors are sportier and extend out further, for a more exotic look.
• Door handles have been deleted from the doors and moved to the newly created gap between the rear edge of the door and the rear quarter panel, just like on the i8 Spyder Concept.
• Rear fenders/shoulders and tail lights have been raised for a more aggressive look, to match the look of the i8 Concept.
• Bulbous rear camouflage has been removed, showing much more of production rear's lines and shape.