- Strong demand for Audi A6 and Q7 models set the pace in March 2014
- Year-to-date sales running ahead of record 2013 pace as Audi A3 premium compact models are arriving in the U.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales set 8th straight monthly record
HERNDON, Va., April 1, 2014 – Audi reported March 2014 sales of 14,246 vehicles, which stands as the brand’s 39th consecutive month of record monthly sales.
For the month, Audi sales in the U.S. finished 7.5% ahead of the 13,253 sales recorded in March 2013. Through the first quarter of 2014, Audi U.S. sales stood at 35,228, or 3.0% ahead of the record pace set in the year-earlier quarter.
“What drove the Audi momentum story to its 39th consecutive record month was consistently strong demand across our product line up – particularly for our SUV models and our A6 premium sedan,” said Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Add in the tech-forward A3 premium compact sedans after their official sales launch later this week and the outlook for the rest of 2014 is extremely positive.”
Luxury sedan sales remained strong as the Audi A6 increased 26.7% to 2,212 vehicles sold for the month, while year-to-date demand for the A6 increased 24.3% to 5,436 vehicles sold.
March results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q7 luxury crossover posting a 45.8% gain in March on 1,592 units delivered for the month and year-to-date sales increased 41% to a total of 4,089 vehicles.
March 2014 was the 8th consecutive record month for Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales with an increase of 13.5%, to a total of 3,886 CPO vehicles sold in the most-recent month, compared to 3,425 models sold a year earlier. That made March 2014 the 2nd best CPO sales month on record for Audi of America. For the first quarter of 2014, CPO sales jumped 13.9% to 10,314 vehicles sold.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 15.2% for the S4 sedan; 35.9% for the S5/ RS 5; 5.6% for the S6; 31.4% for the S7 / RS 7; 12.8% for the S8; 31.6% for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster, and 8.3% for the SQ5 crossover.
- Sales of A6 increased to 26.7% compared to March 2013; YTD sales grew 24.3% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 45.8% compared to March 2013; YTD sales grew 41% compared to previous period.
- March sales mix for Audi TDI models: Audi A6 TDI at 11.3% on 249 vehicles sold; Audi A7 TDI at 8.4% on 72 vehicles; A8 TDI at 13.4% on 64 vehicles; Audi Q5 TDI at 15.5% on 519 vehicles, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 25.8% on 411 vehicles; with an overall mix of 15.5% on 1,315 total TDI sales for March.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 13.5% to 3,886 vehicles in March; YTD CPO sales rose 13.9% to 10,314 vehicles sold.
- The all-new 2015 Audi A3 sedan models officially go on sale April 3.
- Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a completive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.