Audi reported August 2013 sales of 14,005 vehicles, a 21.
5% increase over the previous August record set last year. August also stands as the brand’s 32nd consecutive month of record sales. Audi sales YTD increased 14.7% to 101,346 vehicles sold.
“Audi needed just eight months to top 100,000 U.S. sales, a level that required a full year as recently as 2010,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Previously, Audi had never approached that sales milestone in its 40-year history, proof positive of the sales momentum our brand has rapidly built in this competitive luxury market.”
Sales for August 2013 were only exceeded by the record 14,841 vehicles sold in December 2012.
Audi TDI® clean diesel vehicle sales approached the highest levels ever, proving that America’s appetite for the alternative fuel is growing. Sales of the all-new A6 TDI, A7 TDI and Q5 TDI, along with the previously introduced A8 TDI and Q7 TDI models achieved a volume of 1,180 vehicles in August. Demand for the Q7 TDI represented 25.6% of overall Q7 sales in August.
August results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q5 luxury crossover posting a 91.6% gain in August with an all-time record 3,845 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 55.4% to 1,478 vehicles sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 increased 43.6% while sales for the Audi Q7 increased 49.2%.
Sales of the Audi R8 soared to 65.2% for the month, as customers responded to the updated 2014 models. Audi sedan sales remained strong with the Audi A6 leading by an increase of 34.5% over the same period last year to 2,110 vehicles sold for the month.
Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A8, Audi A7, Audi A6, and Audi Q7) increased 22.0% YTD, representing 32.6% of total Audi sales year-to-date and 46.0% of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles surpassed the all-time monthly sales record with 3,651 vehicles sold. The previous record was established in June 2011 with 3,636 vehicles sold. August 2013 now stands as the top monthly CPO sales result in AoA history.
• Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 16.4% for the S4 sedan; 31.9% for the S5/ RS 5; 7.8% for the S6; 15.7 % for the S7; 15.8% for the S8; 27.3% for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster and 7.6% for the SQ5 crossover.
• Sales of Audi A6 increased 34.5% compared to August 2012; YTD sales grew 19.1% compared to previous period.
• Sales of Audi A8 increased 14.7% compared to August 2012; YTD sales grew 19.6% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 91.6% compared to August 2012; YTD sales grew 43.6% compared to previous period.
• Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 55.4% compared to August 2012; YTD sales grew 49.2% compared to previous period.
• Audi sold 456 allroad models in August 2013, bringing YTD sales to 3,665 of the sport wagon, a 161.0% increase compared to previous period.
• Audi R8 sales up 65.2% compared to August 2012.
• Sales mix for Audi A8 TDI finished the month at 17.4%; sales mix for the Audi Q7 TDI finish the month at 25.6%.
• The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market next spring.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 8.5% to 3,651 vehicles in August; YTD increased 5.0% to 26,088 vehicles sold.