Anyone seeking to understand why Germany remains the economic powerhouse of Europe need only to look at the performance of its auto industry.
Its flagship brands -- Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, and Porsche -- are all enjoying record years and forecasting even better results for 2013.Logically, they shouldn't be doing well at all. At a time when most of the world's consumers have a case of the shorts, Germany is selling premium cars at premium prices.
Forbes Top 10 Reasons Why The German Rule the Road
1. Historical roots that go deep
2. Winning by racing
3. No speed limits
4. Steroid-level brand strength
5. The triumph of technology
6. The right markets
7. Arrogance with a purpose
8. The price is very nearly the object
9. Exclusive and super-exclusive
10. Everybody else is in second place