American Honda today reported August 2012 U.
S. sales of 131,321 units, an increase of 59.5 percent compared with August 2011 (an increase of 53.6 percent based on the daily selling rate*). The Honda Division posted August 2012 sales of 115,675 units, an increase of 57.9 percent compared with August 2011. Acura's U.S. August sales of 15,646 units increased 72.8 percent compared with August 2011.
"It's clear that demand for Honda products continues to be strong, and we're on track to post our best yearly sales results in four years," said John Mendel, American Honda executive vice president of sales. "Honda is finishing the summer on a high note, and there's more to come as we build momentum toward the fall launch of the all-new 2013 Accord."
- Honda division posts strong August sales of 131,321, best August sales in two years
- Accord posted its second best sales month of the year at 34,848 units, up 89 percent; Civic sales up 106 percent with 24,897 units sold
- CR-V continues sales success at 23,877 units, up more than 44 percent
- Odyssey sales up more than 61 percent from August 2011, with 12,750 units sold in August
- RDX sets its 4th-consecutive record sales month with 2,926 units, up 156.9 percent compared to August 2011
- MDX remains the top-selling Acura vehicle with sales of 5,549 units, up 77.5 percent from August 2011
- The TL was Acura's best-selling sedan with sales of 3,201, up 33.2 percent
"Acura sales continue to show great upward momentum, led by our strong light truck lineup," said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales. "The all-new 2013 Acura RDX is a hit with buyers thanks to its increased comfort, utility and power, along with class-leading fuel economy."
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 27 days for August 2012 and 26 days for August 2011. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 205 days for 2012 and 204 days for 2011. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.