The Audi RS7 is one of those luxury sport sedans — or is it a coupe? — that is at the top of its game.
Everyone I've known that's been behind the wheel walks away saying two things:
1) Wow, that car is unbelievably fast; and,
2) It's easily one of the best cars I've ever driven.
To say that's high praise would be selling this situation short.
Now here's where things get a bit intriguing. Though it's a new car that hasn't been out very long, it seems a new special edition will accompany the standard RS7. Called the RS7 Dynamic Edition, it will be revealed during today's show.
**Stay tuned to AutoSpies.com for the latest information!
Audi's press release follows:
Audi exclusive RS7 dynamic edition to debut at New York International Auto Show
- Audi exclusive RS 7 dynamic edition to be introduced at NYIAS HERNDON, Va., April 15, 2014 – The Audi exclusive RS 7 dynamic edition will make its debut at the New York International Auto Show on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 and will begin arriving at dealerships in early summer. Highlights include such elements as Crimson Red safety belts and stitching throughout the interior. Tornado Red brake calipers, Carbon fiber elements, DRC suspension and sport exhaust. MSRP including destination and delivery is $146,045.
- Crimson Red stitching, extensive use of carbon fiber elements, and performance-oriented DRC® suspension highlight exclusive model
- The exclusive units are intended to showcase the Audi exclusive personalization program and will be arriving at dealerships this summer
2014 New York Auto Show
“The Audi exclusive RS 7 dynamic edition exemplifies just some of the personalization options that are possible through our Audi exclusive program”, said Filip Brabec, Director of Product Planning, Audi of America. “The combination of our most powerful RS model ever and the added customized elements make this a truly special car to drive and to behold.”
The Audi exclusive RS 7 dynamic edition combines all of the performance of the 560 horsepower RS 7 including the DRC suspension with elements of the exclusive customization program. The Black Valcona leather seats have the RS specific honeycomb stitch in Crimson Red matching the safety belts of the same color. Additional Crimson Red stitching can be found on the dashboard, gear shifter boot, center and door armrests as well as along the center console. The Crimson Red accents combine with the carbon fiber inlays to further amplify the performance character of the Audi exclusive RS 7 dynamic edition.
The exterior is highlighted by Tornado Red brake calipers with RS 7 logo and 21-inch Gloss Black wheels. Carbon fiber splitter, diffuser and carbon fiber engine cover further underline the performance character of the exclusive RS 7. Four exterior colors are available to complement the exclusive design elements: Ibis White, Suzuka Gray metallic, Daytona Gray pearl, Phantom Black pearl.
The DRC system utilizes three-stage adjustable dampers that are hydraulically cross-linked and integrated into the Audi drive select system along with the standard rear sport differential for maximum performance driving. Dynamic steering adapts the steering boost and ratio to allow for more precise handling.
The epitome of aesthetic design, innovative technology and track-tested performance, the five-door coupe is fitted with the twin-turbo 4.0 Liter TFSI® V8 engine, producing an astounding 560 hp that launches the RS 7 from 0-60 mph in just 3.7 seconds. At low to medium loads and engine speeds – with its innovative cylinder on demand™ technology – the RS 7 deactivates cylinders 2, 3, 5 and 8 by closing their valves via electromechanical actuators. The 4.0 Liter TFSI engine runs in four-cylinder mode, providing up to 15% better fuel efficiency, while the active engine mounts remove any changes in vibration between eight and four-cylinder modes. Innovative solutions such as thermal management and cylinder on demand enable the RS 7 to achieve a respectable EPA estimated MPG of 16 city/27 highway/19 combined. The RS 7 is not subject to a gas guzzler tax.
**Keep your browsers locked on AutoSpies.com for the latest 2014 New York Auto Show coverage! AND, tell all your friends!
The 2014 New York Auto Show photo galleries are sponsored by Lexus.
2014 New York Auto Show