Nissan Group today announced total U.
S. sales for July 2014 of 121,452 units, an increase of 11.4 percent over the prior year and a July record.
- Nissan Division set a July record with 112,914 sales in the month, an increase of 11.5 percent. This marks a monthly record for the Nissan division in 16 of the last 17 months.
- Sales of the all-electric Nissan LEAF set a July record at 3,019, marking an increase of 62 percent over the previous year.
- Versa subcompact sales were up 73.5 percent to 15,630, also a July record.
- Sentra sales totaled 17,579 in July, up 53.7 percent.
- Rogue sales remained strong in July at 16,618. So far in 2014, Rogue sales have increased 20.7 percent.
- Total sales of the Nissan Commercial Vehicles lineup, including NV200, NV Cargo and NV Passenger vans, increased 79.3 percent in July.
*Infiniti sales total included for reference. For more information on Infiniti’s July sales performance, please visit InfinitiNews.com.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. July 2014 had 26 selling days, while July 2013 had 25 selling days.