Nissan North America, Inc.
today reported record November U.S. sales of 96,197 units versus 85,182 units a year earlier, up 12.9 percent. Nissan Division set a new November record, with sales up 9.8 percent for the month over the prior year at 84,300 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles were 11,897, up 41.2 percent over the prior year, also a November record.
- Nissan Division posted sales of 84,300 units, up 9.8 percent from last November's 76,754 units, making it Nissan's best November ever.
- Pathfinder SUV sales rose 249.5 percent to 8,097 units, led by the all-new 2013 Pathfinder that went on sale in November.
- The all-electric Nissan LEAF recorded strong sales of 1,539 units in October, up 129 percent from the prior year at 672 units.
- Rogue crossover sales hit a new November record at 12,662 units, an increase of 16.8 percent versus year-ago sales of 10,845.
- Altima sales remained strong in November at 20,305 units, with year-to-date deliveries up 14.8 percent over its 2011 total.
"Nissan's significant portfolio refresh of five new models in 15 months is showing results with the new Pathfinder driving sales of the model up nearly 250 percent," said Al Castignetti, vice president, Nissan Division.
- Infiniti QX sales of 2,121 was an increase of 46.7 percent in November, the best month in the full-size luxury SUV's history.
- The all-new Infiniti JX 7-passenger luxury crossover had sales of 2,529 units in November, and 18,966 have been delivered since it went on sale in March.
- Overall, total sales of 6,275 for all Infiniti crossovers and sport utility vehicles in November more than doubled versus prior year.
- The Infiniti G Line had an increase of 7.3 percent for the month, with 4,838 sport sedans, coupes and convertibles being delivered.
- Infiniti had the best November in its history.
"November was a fantastic month for Infiniti, with sales of each of our crossovers and sport utility vehicles showing an increase and contributing to the best November since we started sales in 1989," said Ben Poore, vice president, Infiniti Americas. "We expect showroom traffic to remain strong through the holiday gift-giving season, as our Winter Limited Engagement Event continues through January 2."
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. November had 25 selling days both in 2012 and 2011.