Nissan Group today announced total U.
S. sales for May 2014 of 135,934 units, an increase of 18.8 percent over the prior year and a May record.
- Nissan Division set a May record at 125,558 sales in the month, an increase of 17.8 percent. This marks a monthly record for Nissan division in 14 of the last 15 months.
- May was the best-ever month for Nissan LEAF with 3,117 sales, an increase of 45.8 percent over the prior year. In May, LEAF passed 50,000 total U.S. sales since launch, further establishing it as the leader among electric vehicles.
- Nissan Altima sales set a May record at 36,053, up 12.9 percent. Year-to-date, Altima has the largest sales increase of any car in the midsize category.
- Nissan Sentra also set a May sales record at 21,932, breaking the previous mark set in 1984 when Sentra was Nissan’s top-selling model. Sentra sales were up 75.4 percent for the month.
- Sales of the Nissan Rogue crossover set a May record with 18,722, an increase of 8 percent.
- Nissan Versa sales increased 30.5 percent to 11,243 in May, also a record for the month.
- Juke crossover sales also set a May record at 3,825, an increase of 33.4 percent over the prior year.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. May 2014 had 27 selling days, while May 2013 had 26 selling days.