Nissan North America, Inc.
today reported July U.S. sales of 98,341 units versus 84,601 units a year earlier, up 16.2 percent. Nissan Division sales increased 12.3 percent for the month at 86,722 units. Sales of Infiniti vehicles were up 56.8 percent over the prior year, to 11,619 units.
- Nissan Division posted sales of 86,722 units, up 12.3 percent from last July’s 77,191 units.
- Sales of the Nissan Altima achieved a July record of 26,602, up 24.7 percent from a year ago. July marked the first full month of sales for the all-new, 2013 Altima sedan.
- Nissan Rogue also achieved best-ever July sales, with 13,193 units marking a 17.2 percent increase over July 2011.
- Nissan’s car lineup posted overall strong sales, with cars collectively recording record July volume of 53,744 units, up 13.8 percent from a year ago.
"Sales of the all-new Altima sedan - the most innovative Altima ever - helped propel Nissan car sales to the best July on record at 53,744 cars sold," said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan Division. "Initial reception of the all-new, 2013 Altima proved to be strong, with total Altima sales reaching 26,602 vehicles sold in July."
- Infiniti today reported sales of 11,619 units for July, an increase of 56.8 percent from 7,410 units a year earlier.
- The Infiniti G Sedan, with sales of 6,078, had an increase of 88.8 percent versus last year, making it the best July in the sport sedan’s history.
- The brand’s all-new 7-passenger luxury crossover, the Infiniti JX, saw sales of 1,999 in July and a total of 9,724 units since it went on sale in late March.
- Overall, Infiniti had its best July in seven years.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. July 2012 had 24 selling days, while July 2011 had 26 selling days.