S. sales in September totaled 86,868, down 5.5 percent from last year's total of 91,907. Nissan Division sales finished at 77,828 units, a decrease of 5.6 percent. Sales of Infiniti vehicles totaled 9,040 units, down 4.3 percent.
Fred Diaz, divisional vice president, Sales and Marketing, Service and Parts, Nissan U.S.A. said: "September was a unique month with fewer selling days than the prior year with the Labor Day weekend falling into August sales reporting for the first time in several years. While this skewed year-to-year comparisons we are optimistic that strong auto sales will continue into the fourth quarter."
- Nissan Division posted sales of 77,828 units, a decrease of 5.6 percent from 82,462 the prior year.
- Nissan LEAF set a September sales record finishing the month with 1,953 deliveries, an increase of 99 percent year over year. Once again, Atlanta was the No. 1 LEAF market in the U.S., as electric vehicle sales increases spread from the West Coast to a new wave of markets.
- Versa deliveries increased 9.5 percent over the prior year to 8,776, with sales of the all-new 2014 Versa Note beginning to pick up momentum. Versa continues to be the leader among subcompacts for 2013.
- Sales of Rogue crossovers totaled 11,353 in September as Nissan prepares to launch the all-new, 2014 Rogue later this year. Nissan is conducting a special reservation program for the all-new Rogue, which will be produced at the company's Smyrna, Tenn. manufacturing plant.
- Pathfinder sales continue to increase, up 72.8 percent to 5,537 in September. Deliveries are up 295 percent calendar-year-to-date over the same period in 2012.
- Frontier sales jumped 7 percent in September to 4,662 units.
Diaz said, "Anticipation is building for the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue, which we expect to begin selling next month. Rogue marks the last of our five top-selling models to be completely redesigned in the past 15 months, a strategy that also has driven stronger sales of Altima, Sentra, Versa and Pathfinder. We expect that demand for these new products will continue to accelerate our sales momentum."
- Infiniti today reported sales of 9,040 in September, down 4.3 percent from 9,445 units a year earlier.
- September marked the first full month of sales for the all-new 2014 Infiniti Q50, and the luxury sports sedan had sales of 2,367, with a total of 4,801 units since it went on sale in early August.
- Sales of Infiniti sports sedans, which include the 2013 Infiniti G Sedan, totaled 4,144 in September, an increase of 47.6 percent, bringing the automaker's sales of luxury passenger cars to be up 28.3 percent for the month.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. September 2013 had 23 selling days, while September 2012 had 25 selling days. Adjusted for selling days, Nissan sales increased 102.6 percent over the prior year.