I remember it like it was yesterday.
The debut of the F10 BMW 5-Series. It was a good day because it meant two things:
1) I'd never have to look at that dreaded E60 anymore (at least a NEW one), and
2) It was time for yet another milestone BMW product.
The funny thing is though it didn't exactly win over critics. The Audi A6 has received plenty of positive treatment — we agree, it is the car to have in this segment — and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class' sales remain strong.
Now that it's been out for a couple of years though it appears that BMW is preparing a lifecycle impulse (LCI), which is pretty typical timing. While we haven't heard much about the changes coming down the pipe, I'd assume a couple of different things:
- It will definitely receive a new headlight treatment
- Look out for a new front/rear valence, probably taking inspiration from the newly refreshed 7-Series
- Engine updates? Maybe that motor from the 320i will make its way into the 5-Series? It's a long shot but always possible. THINK: It wasn't so long ago the E39 525i made 180-someodd horsepower. In addition, the current six-cylinder in the 535i is getting a bit long in the tooth and it could be the optimal time for a change.
Do YOU have any guesses? If so, we'd love to hear them.
Otherwise, take a look at the FULL set of spy shots via the "Read More" link below...